January is the month of resolutions and a particularly common type of resolution relates to finances. Have you resolved to manage your money better or leave your bank balance looking healthier at the end of the month?
Well, here are ten splendid quotes about money that might just encourage you to keep going with your financial resolutions for 2012 – and failing encouragement, they may well just give you a much needed chuckle!
1. “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” Sound advice from Thomas Jefferson.
2. “When I was young, I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old, I know that it is.” That’s the opinion of the fabulous Oscar Wilde.
3. “Rule number 1: never lose money. Rule number 2: never forget rule number 1.” Warren Buffett’s sound advice ought to be on display in casinos!
4. “Money is not the only answer. But it makes a difference.” Barack Obama’s thoughts will ring true whether you’re balancing the books of a Government, business or a home!
5. “Money won’t make success. The freedom to make it will.” Nelson Mandela can always be counted on for a thought provoking quote!
6. “Money without brains is always dangerous.” Media stories about some wealthy celebs can probably vouch for this quote by Napoleon Hill.
7. “The price we have to pay for money is sometimes liberty.” Deep thoughts from Robert Louis Stevenson.
8. “A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don’t need it.” Never a truer quote given, Bob Hope.
9. “No man’s credit is as good as his money.” John Dewey’s quote might make us think twice about buying on plastic!
10. “A penny saved is a penny earned.” Benjamin Franklin’s quote is perhaps one of the best known quotes about money and an honest one at that.
So as 2012 sets in and the resolutions get tougher to stick with, remind yourself of what others have said! Whether for a bit of inspiration or a quiet little giggle, you can always count on quotes to pick you up!
Whether your resolution is save more, spend less, increase your income or get better value for money, we wish you the very best of luck! Don’t forget to take advantage of the copious online resources to help you out with your financial goals.
Leave us a comment here and let us know what your financial resolution is and how you’re getting on with it!
These inspirational quotes were compiled for us by Aaron Hewitt, a personal finance blogger from the UK, specialising in money saving and debt management.